Attic Ventilation and Cool Shingles

« Back To AskARoofer
Author

alextolle

Ryan in Kansas asked:

Hello, I am in the process of getting a new roof for my home and am looking for some advice. The home is 4400 sq. feet and the roof is about 40 squares. I live in Kansas City and it gets pretty hot in the summer. My biggest issue is upstairs is really hot. Our roof is probably short on vents and we are having the ridgeline vents added. My debate is if I get the GAF Cool roof shingles or the ASII shingles. The added cost of the Cool shingles would be $2,500 more. Is this amount worth getting the Cool Shingles? Would it make enough impact knowing that the ridge vents are already being installed? Would an attic fan be a better investment? I do like the ASII shingles too since we live in a hail area with high winds. My electric bill in the summer can go up to $475 a month. Just want to get your thoughts and recommendation. Also, would you rank the shingles in this order from good to best? HDZ then ASII and then Cool shingles?

August 5, 2024 at 1:44 p.m.

alextolle

Watch the video below from Henry Staggs from The Arizona Roofer to learn hear his answer!

« Back To AskARoofer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Western Colloid - Banner Ad - Understanding Commercial Roof Restoration (eBook)

Social Feed

Follow Us
AAR - MRA - Sidebar Ad - Buyer
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Understanding Commercial Roof Restoration (eBook)
WTI - Sidebar Ad (AAR) - Pure Air February 2024
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Roofing Calculator (AAR May 2024)
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising