How to Hire a Good Roofer

« Back To AskARoofer
Author

alextolle

A homeowner in Arizona asked:

Hello roofing experts. I'm coming here to see if they I could please get some advise from those who know. Please excuse me if I don't use the correct lingo or say anything that might offend, I'm pretty uneducated in the ways of building and construction so that's why I'm seeking expert opinions Little background first. I live in the Phoenix AZ area and have a two story tile (cement or ceramic, not sure what's it made out of) roof home that is 15 years old. 3 years ago our roof developed a leak that was made known during a heavy monsoon. We had it fixed by a family friend that is roofer by trade. A couple months later it happens again. So our friend does more repairs but lets us know our house had bad underlayment and he had to replace a larger area this time to ensure it would work. He told us all the house's around us built during the housing boom had inadequate underlayment. 2 more years go by and this last summer during a heavy monsoon storm a new leak happened in a different room. So this has got me wanting to look into getting the whole roof redone with new underlayment. So I guess I'm asking how to make sure I hire a good company that will not rip me off. That family friend who fixed it the first time recommended I need to have Fontana G40 put down and he also said to make sure they are using new materials and not seconds or left overs. What are some things I can do as a homeowner to ensure I get quality work at a fair price. Thanks in advance.

May 1, 2024 at 12:11 p.m.

alextolle

Henry Staggs said this in response:

May 6, 2024 at 11:38 p.m.

Williespence

HI

Dealing with a roof leak in Phoenix? It is rough. Good for you for wanting to find a solid roof this time. Your friend's advice about using the new material and the Fontana G40 underlay seems valid.

When you're roof hunting, get a few quotes, check reviews, and ask for references. Trust your gut — if something feels off, keep watching.

Hope you find a reliable crew to fix your roof!

« Back To AskARoofer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DaVinci - Banner Ad - May 2024 Talk to the experts

Social Feed

Follow Us
WTI - Sidebar Ad (AAR) - Pure Air February 2024
Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Roofing Calculator (AAR May 2024)
AAR - MRA - Sidebar Ad - Buyer
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Understanding Commercial Roof Restoration (eBook)
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising