Siding or Roofing First?

« Back To AskARoofer
Author

alextolle

Eddy in Texas asked:

I am planning on replacing our roof and our siding (going from wood to hardiplank). Should I do the roof first or the siding? Have several areas where I am concerned about the flashing? Thank you.

May 15, 2024 at 5:24 p.m.

alextolle

Henry Staggs said this in response:

Hi Eddy,

I would suggest you do the siding first. That will help ensure that all the materials are installed from the bottom up and keep the water flowing in the right direction. If you do the roof first, there may be a chance of making an error when installing the flashing. If I had photos I could give you a better answer. Good luck, and have fun with your project.

August 22, 2024 at 6:17 a.m.

Gefeson

It's generally recommended to replace the roof before working on the siding, especially if you're worried about flashing and areas where the roof meets the walls. By completing the roof first, the flashing can be properly integrated between the roof and siding, ensuring a watertight seal. If you do the siding first, there's a chance it could be disrupted or damaged when the roof is replaced later, leading to complications with the flashing. If you're looking for subcontractor roofing jobs or need experienced professionals for the job, AroundWire is an excellent platform to connect with skilled labor, ensuring your roofing and siding projects are handled efficiently. See their website: https://pro.aroundwire.com/roofing-jobs-in-las-vegas/

« Back To AskARoofer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DaVinci - Banner Ad - May 2024 Talk to the experts

Social Feed

Follow Us
AAR - MRA - Sidebar Ad - Buyer
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Roofing Calculator (AAR May 2024)
WTI - Sidebar Ad (AAR) - Pure Air February 2024
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey